Welcome to our Home Learning pages.
Here are some tips to make your home learning experience successful and enjoyable...
- Play is the best way for young children to learn so make up games, do pretending and have fun.
- It's a good idea to take the "little and often" approach to formal home learning, don't expect your child to work for long periods of time (they will hate it and so will you!).
- Keep things light-hearted and fun. If things are getting tense leave it for a while and come back to it later.
- Praise and reward your child if they have had a good go at it but don't expect perfection. It's fine to make a few mistakes.
- Allow your child to choose which activity they complete but try to make sure they do a little bit of everything as time goes on.
- There may be a lot of work on these pages... Your child does not have to complete all of it.
- Reading is a fantastic way to learn about new things and should be done daily. Fiction and non-fiction books can be used to provide inspiration for further learning - story/poetry/letter/report writing.
- If appropriate, encourage your child to use Times Table Rockstars daily (it only takes 10 minutes) to improve their times tables skills.
- If your child has a particular interest you can use it to create and inspire your own project. Look for the opportunities to write about it. Find the maths or science within it.
- You can also find lots of other ideas for activities on our Twitter Feeds or follow us @NewMillInfants and @NewMillJuniors
We will add to these pages as necessary. If you have any questions or problems please contact your child's teacher via the Class Dojo messaging system or email.