Welcome to our Home Learning pages.
Click on the appropriate year group below to find lots of inspiration for activities you can complete at home while your child is not in school. Here are some tips to make your home learning experience successful and enjoyable...
- It's a good idea to take the "little and often" approach to home learning, don't expect your child to work for long periods of time (they will hate it and so will you!).
- Keep things light-hearted and fun. If things are getting tense leave it for a while and come back to it later.
- Praise and reward your child if they have had a good go at it but don't expect perfection. It's fine to make a few mistakes.
- Allow your child to choose which activity they complete but try to make sure they do a little bit of everything as time goes on.
- There is a lot of work on these pages... Your child does not have to complete all of it.
- Encourage your child to use Times Table Rockstars daily (it only takes 10 minutes) to improve their times tables skills.
- Reading is a fantastic way to learn about new things and should be done daily. Fiction and non-fiction books can be used to provide inspiration for further learning - story/poetry/letter/report writing.
- If your child has a particular interest you can use it to create and inspire your own project. Look for the opportunities to write about it. Find the maths or science within it.
We will add to these pages as necessary. If you have any questions or problems please contact your child's teacher via the Class Dojo messaging system or email. (March 2020)