At New Mill Infant and Junior Schools we take our safeguarding responsibilities seriously. We have a robust safeguarding policy and effective procedures in place. All staff are well trained and know about how to create a safe and secure environment for all pupils and act promptly and effectively when required.
Our Designated Safeguarding Leader (DSL) is Mrs E Barrow (Headteacher) and our Safeguarding Governor is Mrs E Pescod, both of whom can be contacted via the school office. If Mrs Barrow is not available Mrs L. Armitage, Miss M. Ingoe, Mrs A. Lockwood and Mrs D. Turner are all DSL trained.
If you think a child in Kirklees is being abused or mistreated, or you have concerns about a child’s well-being you should call and speak to someone at one of the following numbers:
- Kirklees Children's Services Duty and Advice Team (for members of the public): 01484 456848 (9am to 5pm - Outside these hours please call the relevant services).
- Kirklees Children's Services Duty and Advice Team (for education/medical professionals): 01484 414860 (24 hours)
- NSPCC Helpline: 0808 800 5000
- NSPCC email: email@example.com
- NSPCC Online: Online Form
If you have immediate concern for a child's safety please call: 999
If you are a child call: 01484 456848 or Childline: 0800 1111
Other sources of information and advice can be found at:-
Kirklees Safeguarding Children Partnership have produced a useful leaflet about Safeguarding. It explains the different types of child abuse and what to do if you have concerns about a child. It can be viewed here.