At New Mill Schools we believe that good attendance is crucial to allowing a child to achieve to the best of their abilities. Any absence will affect this and regular absence will seriously affect their learning. It can also disrupt teaching routines, which may also affect the learning of others in the same class. Holidays should not be taken during term time wherever possible.
All New Mill Schools staff will work with pupils and their families to ensure that each pupil attends school regularly and punctually, communicating effectively with pupils, parents and appropriate agencies to provide mutual information, advice and support.
Our Attendance Policy states that parents and carers should:
• Ensure their children attend school.
• Ensure their children arrive punctually each day - for 8.55am.
• Contact the schools by 9am on the first day of absence.
• Notify the schools regarding medical appointments through the day, producing the
appropriate appointment card/appointment confirmation text message.
• Request in writing, permission for a leave of absence (holiday) during term time.
Absence Due To Illness
Please click here for more information on absence due to illness.
Term Time Leave Of Absence
If you would like to request a term time leave of absence for your child please fill in this form and return it to the appropriate school office. You will be contacted in due course regarding whether your request has been accepted or not.