School Uniform Policy
We believe that a school uniform is important:
- It looks smart
- Wears well
- Contributes to a sense of belonging and community
- Makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance
- Fosters a feeling of pride
- Is designed with health and safety in mind
We ask that all children wear the uniform and encourage them to maintain a good standard of clean and tidy dress in school.
The uniform is designed to be practical, maintainable and good value for money.
Hair accessories such as slides, ribbons bobbles, etc, should be fairly simple and if possible in school colours.
Parents are asked to ensure that all items are labelled clearly with their child’s name.
For safety reasons we ask that the children do not wear jewellery in school.
For health reasons it is important that children are properly dressed for physical activity. PE kit should be kept in a named drawstring bag.
New Mill Schools have a standard form of dress required for school wear, consisting of:
School Trousers (regulation style)
Blue Checked Gingham
If your child is taking part in swimming lessons with their class they will require the following:
- Girls should wear a suitable swimsuit
- Boys should wear figure hugging swimming briefs or shorts (not loose, baggy styles)
- All pupils need a swimming cap and towel
- Swimming goggles are not necessary
- All earrings and jewellery should be removed
- If your child would like to have their ears pierced, please ensure that this is done at the beginning of the summer holidays (Pupils are not allowed to take part in swimming lessons for six weeks after having their ears pierced).